This beef and rice recipe is full of flavor! The seasonings combined with the beef flavor savor in your mouth! Even the pickiest of eaters will ask for seconds. And if by chance there is left overs, it reheats great the next day for lunch! You won’t be disappointed with this easy one pot recipe!
- 1 lb beef chuck, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 1/2 cups jasmine rice
- 3 Tbsp oil
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 3 large carrots grated
- 1 onion diced
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1/2 tspn black pepper
- 1 tspn ground cumin
- 1 tspn ground paprika
- 1 tspn coriander
- 1/2 tspn garlic powder
- 3 garlic cloves diced
- 2 Tbsp Ketchup
- Sear the meat in the oil by setting the pressure cooker to chicken/meat setting. Wait a couple minutes for it to get hot so that you don’t end up boiling the meat, not very tasty! Make sure you only sear the meat for about 2 minutes each side, if you cook the meat through it will be tough and chewy by the time it’s done in the pressure cooker! (Experiences) … After the meat is done, set aside.
- Add the butter and let it melt, then add the onions and carrots and garlic. Sauté for 4 minutes. *A little trick I do is put the carrot, onion and garlic through the food processor. Some folks prefer julienned carrots however I find the kids don’t notice the veggies this way and that means they are eating them!
- While the veggies are being sautéd, add the seasonings followed by the ketchup.
- Once everything is combined, add the meat. Stir.
- Quickly add the rice, spreading it evenly around the surface. Don’t mix!!
- Pour the 2 1/2 cups of water gently over the rice. Poke 4 holes with the end of a spatula and that’s it.
- Cover, press the cancel button to get it out of the current cooking mode and then press the chicken/meat button and adjust the time to 20 minutes. Once it’s done, release the pressure and stir!
There you have it! An easy and quick dinner for the family, a real winner in our house! Pairs great with a couple of pickles on the side!
If you make this recipe let me know in the comments how your family liked it! I think I know the answer already, but would love to hear your opinion!