My kids LOVE THESE blueberry muffins! We used to buy those little bites from the store. Those are convenient to pack for a lunch or on the go but they are not exactly healthy. Flour and sugar as the main ingredients (sugar being FIRST!!) but because it has blueberry labeled on it, it’s easy to think they are healthy. On my journey with the keto diet I ran across a yummy blueberry muffin recipe with almond flour but because it was keto it had Erythritol sugar and almond milk as part of the ingredients. I didn’t have the almond milk or Erythritol sugar on hand and because my kids are not keto I used what I had instead. I’m so HAPPY I did because now I’m eating these delicious muffins and I know they are healthy. A great BREAKFAST for kids and they taste great the following day(s). If you told me they last for more than a day at your house, I don’t know if I would believe you!!! They are so moist and have no nutty flavor from the almond flour! I have made these plenty of times already because they are a family favorite!
- 2 1/2 cups finely ground almond flour
- 1 1/2 tspn baking powder
- 1 tspn vanilla extract
- 1/4 tspn salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 1/2-2 cups fresh blueberries
- Turn the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the almond flour, salt and baking powder.
- In a seperate bowl, combine the eggs, vanilla extract, milk, honey, and butter(make sure it’s not hot so that it doesn’t cook the eggs while mixing, after it’s melted let it cool off).
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients. After it’s mixed well, add the blueberries and mix gently not to crush them.
- Butter up or spray the muffin pan with non-stick spray.
- Evenly divide the batter into 12 portions.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Enjoy!